PV-Analyser is Assured’s signal detection and data mining tool. While PV-Works already includes reports and queries that provide basic surveillance capability, PV-Analyser extends this with a comprehensive array of statistics, data mining and querying functions.
General Software Description
There are six modules within PV-Analyser:
- A three dimensional cube
- allowing users to “slice and dice” data on the fly comparing and sub-setting data at will. The results can be printed, exported and presented graphically.
- Statistical calculation of possible signals
- PV-Analyser can calculate a variety of statistics including Proportional Reporting Ratio (PRR), Reporting Odds Ratio (ROR) and the Multi-Gamma Poisson Shrinker Bayesian statistic (MGPS).
- Analyses may be performed for specific products and or clinical signs and may be stratified by a number of factors such as MedDRA / VedDRA level, product grouping, year, species, country / region. The user may further refine stratification eg by various patient factors such as age/weight groups (and species / breed for veterinary data).
- Pre-defined queries to select cases for analysis or tabulation
- Graphical presentation of base data and derived results
- A Watchlist to monitor and alert users of specific data situations
- eg the receipt of a case for a specific product / sign combination
- A flexible reporting capability
- All results can be printed or exported to Excel – or converted to a number of graphical formats. A more advanced report writing tool is also included to support the ad-hoc development of other required outputs.
PV-Analyser is an optional extension to PV-Works.